Nursing CNEs are here! Reiki for Nurses: Level 1–Caring for Burnout and Stress.* This course is a modified Reiki Level 1 with an emphasis on tracking your weekly self-care progress. This 8-week course offers 15.4 CNEs upon completion. Classes begin the first week of every month.
*This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Program #1433.
Why Learn Reiki?
Reiki is a gentle technique for stress relief and relaxation. Reiki is Japanese in origin, and it’s simplicity and powerful results have made it popular around the world. Reiki is practical. It can be used for self-care, for family and pets, or even tending the plants in our garden! On a larger scale, over 70 U.S. hospitals have registered Reiki programs driven by consumer demand. People are feeling relief from their suffering on physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels. Reiki has no religious affiliation. It’s an energy that supports balance in our lives.
- Why I Teach
- How I Teach
- Who I Teach
- Reiki I AND Reiki for Nurses: Caring for Anxiety and Burnout
- Reiki II: Symbols & Expanded Skills
- Reiki III: The Master Symbols and Teaching Others
- Cost and Payments
- Class Schedule
- Sign Up
Why I Teach
Hi, I’m Caroline! (That’s me below.) Reiki has been quite a journey for me. I honestly never thought I would be where I am today, with a Reiki practice, teaching classes, and telling people about my path. Initially, Reiki was a practical skill during a tough time in my life and dealing with anxiety. Later on, Reiki became a jumping off point for the deeper intuitive work that I do now. But 7 years later, here I am, and I love it. My skills and confidence have grown, in my work and within myself, and that’s also what I draw out in my students. Teaching Reiki has become a love within a love for me. Guiding people to trust what they are learning is so much fun and pure magic. You can read my full story here.
What others are saying: “She’s the sweetest!! My Reiki sessions relaxed me so deeply and being attuned to Reiki filled me with anew kind of energy I’d never experienced before.”
How I Teach
My students go through 16 hours of contact time for certification. Courses are either taught with either 4 or 8 classes to meet the hours. However, it’s not simply about the contact hours. The course is designed to integrate Reiki into your life and how it will work for you! Everyone uses Reiki differently. It’s adaptability is part of why Reiki is so popular! In between classes, there are at home assignments– or rather, at home explorations. I promise, this will NOT feel like work!
Learning is done through repetition. In between classes, you go home and inadvertently forget everything. You will uncover questions about your Reiki practice and return with new understandings to share too. The classes are built on what you’ve already learned. There is no memorization; however, you will have a deep understanding of the technique by doing it.
It’s such a simple technique that Reiki often gets overlooked or under taught. Some classes are 4-hour certifications, and when people leave, they are unclear about what they just learned. Everyone’s learning needs are different, so Caroline slows her classes way down. Taking the time to integrate what we’ve learned is part of that process. It’s also part of learning through repetition.
Confidence is key. I am constantly amazed by people who say they “feel nothing” or think they aren’t doing it right, but then pick up a lot of subtle information while they are working on others. It’s trusting that “nothing” — those moments of quiet– which takes the conscious mind longer to catch up. It’s very easy to disregard or dismiss the quiet signals. (That’s why kids are faster learners with this type of energy work: they absorb and move on.) Caroline works alongside her students to reinforce their findings, answer questions, facilitate group discussion, and build confidence and trust in themselves.
What others are saying: “Lovely person and talented practitioner. Intuitively connected.”
Who I Teach
- Teens / pre-teens and their parents
- Writers, artists, and musicians
- Massage therapists
- Physical therapists
- People looking to deepen their spiritual connections
- Anyone who is curious
Reiki Level 1 AND Reiki for Nurses: Caring for Anxiety and Burnout
- Day 1: Attunement: We dive in to our Reiki journey right away! You will receive your Reiki attunement, the process of connecting the Reiki energy to your physical body. From there, you will have your Reiki connection for the rest of your life! Reiki II and Reiki III classes are an extension of everything you learn here.
- Treating yourself: Self-care is the foundation. A great aspect of Reiki is that you can treat yourself! Anytime, anyplace. Your Reiki hands are a built in emergency kit for anxiety, stress, aches, or pain. The more you use the Reiki energy, the stronger it gets.
- Treating others: Working on other people is a lot of fun! You can’t mess up, and you cannot harm anyone. That creates a natural jump-off point for your introduction to energy work. Another big part of treating others is creating a space for people to feel comfortable sharing, allowing the gentle touch, and respecting boundaries. Not hard stuff, but important in our modern day practice.
- Receiving Reiki from others: This is honestly the best part. You get to relax and feel what Reiki is all about. Knowing how to offer Reiki involves knowing how to receive Reiki. Remember: this is designed to learn through repetition! You will receive Reiki from Caroline as well as your classmates throughout the course.
- There is an option for a discounted Reiki package for student signups as well. See the “signup” section for details.
- History: The history of Reiki since its origins Japan in 1922 is very colorful and winding. It’s really fun to see the evolution of how this healing art began, grew, adapted, and traveled. The Reiki precepts and symbols have their own historical context as well.
- Current uses in the mainstream: Reiki is being practiced in all corners of the globe. There are hospital programs, animal sanctuaries, artists and musicians channeling Reiki, university wellness programs, ongoing research, and much more. This information is sprinkled throughout to inspire you.
- Communicate Reiki: Students are taught how to “communicate Reiki” in a way that is simple and easy for others to understand. The “woo-woo” factor, the very esoteric language, turns off a lot of people before they even try Reiki. Students get practical language to use, so it’s easier to share this new technique. Instead of getting the look of doubt from family members, with straightforward explanations those same family members might be open to trying Reiki.
Reiki Level 2: Learn the symbols & Expand your skills
- Day 1 Attunement: The first class is always dedicated to your connection with Reiki. The Reiki 2 attunement is a similar style to the Reiki Level 1 attunement, but 3 symbols are put into your hands. It’s the same energy–with an expansion pack. Everyone experiences the attunement levels differently. These classes are about exploring your connection to this energy. Sometimes others’ insights can shed light on our own experiences and vice versa. These are confidential and judgement-free spaces— that way we can explore and share in a way that we feel safe and respected.
- Refresh What You Know: Everyone comes to these classes with different levels of experience! Different level 1 reiki instructors, varying levels of use, or gaps in the practice are all normal in group settings. We will refresh anything that needs to be refreshed from level 1. This may include self-treatment, hand positions, scanning, history, the reiki precepts, or communicating what this work is all about. Reiki is not about memorization; we learn through repetition. Sometimes a little refresher can bring back a lot!
- If you are not familiar with the basics, consider taking level 1 with me. There is a tremendous amount of intuitive development and skill building in Reiki 1! We spend time developing this over the 8 week foundation course for treating others.
- Expand Your Skills: Everyone is bringing something to the table, whether they know it or not! We build off what you know, what you are interested in, and what you are good at! Everyone is good at something. You’ll be amazed with yourself and your skills by the end.
- Learn the Symbols: The symbols are classically known as “what Reiki 2 is all about.” They are simply tools for activating an intention. The symbols are ways to make our work more efficient. There is no religious affiliation, and the origin of the symbols and their use are discussed. We learn about the mainstream understandings as well as our intuitive understandings of these Reiki tools.
- Breaking Habits
- Potential Uses: Reiki 2 is one of my favorite classes to teach. We do some really deep personal healing and explore the world around us. We can work from far away (through time and space), offer healing to our younger selves, the earth, animals, and even buildings! There is no limit.
- Healing Old Wounds
- Working with Animals or Nature
- Working with Spaces, Buildings, and Landscapes
- Reiki 2 Certification: At the completion of the 8 weeks, you will receive Reiki Level 2 certification.
Reiki Level 3: Learning the Master Symbols and Teaching Others
- What is a Reiki Master? Level 3: A Reiki Master is a practitioner who has learned how to teach Reiki to others. Teaching others includes the knowledge of the advanced symbols as well as being able to guide people along their own Reiki journey. There are endless way to do this. Certification as a “Reiki Master” is the first step along the path. Teaching others is the best way to deeply understand this work. Don’t worry if you’re not ready to go pro– Reiki is often shared among friends and family. And if you want to go professional, we’ll get you ready for that too!
- Course Objectives: The objectives are:
- to understand the basics deeply and personally
- to learn the attunements
- to develop a course outline for teaching Reiki (whether casually to friends and family, professionally, or as a future reference)
- to communicate the benefits of Reiki, dispel myths, and answer questions from your knowledge base.
- What is the duration of this course? Reiki Level 3 is taught over 16 weeks (with a break halfway). Each class is 2 hours. If you know of a scheduling conflict in advance, we can discuss the details. Students can miss up to 2 classes; additional absences (without a medical note or advance communication) will be subject to a fee of $175 per makeup class).
- What are the benefits of this class?
- To expand your knowledge
- To improve your professional skills (as Reiki professional, massage therapist, nurse, caregiver, etc)
- Deeply and personally understanding Reiki as a system of healing
- To share Reiki with others who are in need of stress relief and self-care
- To create lesson plans and teaching materials in a creative and safe space without “messing up” or “doing it wrong.”
- To expand your knowledge and skill sets
- For personal growth
- Take your time to learn this technique! Really absorb the material in shorter increments. Weekend workshops are fun, but it can be a challenging learning environment when spiritual, physical, and emotional muck surfaces. Process and learn without emotionally maxing out.
- What is the cost? The class is $1250. You can upgrade with a 8-pack of Reiki sessions for an additional $300 (two private Reiki sessions per month).
- Each student receives a Master Manual and upon completion of the course a Reiki Level 3 Master Certificate.
- When is the next Reiki 3 Course offered? Saturdays, starting September 2019! Please join the mailing list for further updates or reach out directly if you want to set up a class with a friend.
What others are saying: “Caroline is amazing – intuitive, caring, insightful, and meticulous. She’s helped me with everything from a sore throat to back pain to communicating with my spirit guides. A true gem!”
Cost and Payments
There are two options for Reiki classes:
AWAKEN: REIKI CLASS (Level 1 or 2) Complete Reiki I or II course. Includes certification and a manual. Total cost $597*
UPLIFT: BONUS PACK: The Reiki class, certification, manual, plus 8 additional weekly Reiki sessions with Caroline throughout the course is a way to fully immerse yourself into what Reiki can do for you! Go deeper with your intuition, clear out stuck patterns, or simply enjoy the extra support during times of change. The bonus Reiki “8-pack” is $300 (normally $600). Course cost + 8-pack is $896*
*Payment plans are available! Awaken: 3 payments of $199/ Uplift: 3 payments of $299.
Reiki Level 1 AND Reiki for Nurses: Caring for Anxiety and Burnout
(Level 1 and Reiki for Nurses are held simultaneously; nurses track weekly progress and must complete required homework.)
September: Tuesdays 12-2pm, 8 consecutive weeks begins September 3
October: Thursdays 2-4pm, 8 consecutive weeks begins October 3
November: Wednesdays 3-5pm, 8 consecutive weeks begins November 6
December: Tuesdays 2-4pm, 8 consecutive weeks begins December 2
Classes can begin anytime! You can learn on your own, sign up with a friend, or Caroline will match you with another current student. Reiki classes begin at the beginning of each month. If you want to set up your own time, reach out to Caroline by phone (508)612-9809 or email to discuss the details.
Reiki classes are held regularly. Sign up below for class postings!
Are you ready to begin your Reiki journey?
UPLIFT (Reiki class +8 Reiki session bonus)
More questions? Email: CarolineRuderman@gmail.com / Phone: 508.612.9809